I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education and English (EFL). I have 25 years of experience in different areas of education. I have worked as a teacher, tutor, trainer, mentor and coach over the years. I have studied various complementing disciplines such as sociology, group leading, PD (personal development), coaching, mentoring, creative writing and drawing. I integrate them all in my teaching/tutoring.
Additionally, my field of expertise is child development for 7-12 year olds and my area of special interest is the role of creativity in the learning process and in child development.
I hold a clear DBS.
I support people in different areas:
- I teach English as a foreign language to all ages individually or in groups, in person or on-line; exam prepration such as TEFL, IELTS, etc
- I mentor/coach
- I tutor various subjects for KS1-KS4 and examination preparation (11+; GCSE; A-Levels)
I often work with SEND students.
(The term ‘special educational needs and disabilities‘ has a legal definition, referring to children who have learning problems or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children of the same age. Many children will have special needs of some kind at some time during their education.)
I can help your child with SEND or SpLDs if he/she experiences any of the following difficulties:
- behaviour or ability to socialise, for example they struggle to make friends
- reading and writing, for example because they have dyslexia
- ability to understand things
- concentration levels, for example because they have ADHD
I also run various developmental seminars and workshops in the fields of creativity, DST, coaching for both teachers and parents.
I love working with and being around children/adolescents. I find it easy to relate to them and discover their inherent beauty and uniqueness.
Please, have a look at some of the photos HERE. (you can also find pictures on the side of this site)
I believe in active learning, so I create an active educational environment and offer tutoring services tailored to specific needs.
I especially like working with children who are not doing well in their studies. I find it a creative challenge to work with those who lack either the interest or the motivation to do better and reach their potential.
There is always a way! 🙂
I recognize that every student’s needs are different, which is the reason why I tailor my tutoring sessions to the child’s unique needs helping him/her attain valuable skills while making learning an enjoyable experience. I create a learning environment that is versatile, creative, interactive and supportive.
I focus on the personal and motivational side of teaching. I find it very important to make the material available to the child so he/she can comprehend it and retain it in his/her own special way. It is essential for me to understand what the child’s best learning style is and how to support his/her development focusing on that.
My intention is to develop your child’s cognitive skills and abilities rather than solely focusing on his/her academic achievement.
“Cognitive abilities are brain-based skills we need to carry out any task from the simplest to the most complex. They have more to do with the mechanisms of how we learn, remember, problem-solve, and pay attention rather than with any actual knowledge. For instance, answering the telephone involves at least: perception (hearing the ring tone), decision taking (answering or not), motor skill (lifting the receiver), language skills (talking and understanding language), social skills (interpreting tone of voice and interacting properly with another human being).” What are Cognitive Abilities and Skills, and How to Boost Them? By Dr. Pascale Michelon
And above all,
I believe that education can be fun
and we can experience oodles of it
during the educational process!
Should you need references and/or further information and would like to set up an initial meeting, please, do not hesitate to contact me @
For further information, please, contact me
- excellent communication and listening skills;
- the ability to analyse problems and devise solutions;
- assertiveness in dealing with pupils
- determination to see problems and solutions through to the end;
- the ability to empathise;
- a non-judgemental approach;
- organisational and time management skills;
- the ability to relate to young people and adults;
- the capacity to motivate and act as a role model;
- negotiation skills;
- flexibility and adaptability, as well as the ability to work well under pressure;
- report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records;
- a commitment to equality and diversity;
- an understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information;
- a commitment to safeguarding